Many People Think That Bodybuilding Supplements Are Good For Your Health. But Is This True Or Just A Myth?
As with all things, the truth lies somewhere between extremes. If you look around at what’s available in the market today, there seems to be an overwhelming amount of products claiming to be “the best” and “natural.” And it’s not hard to see why. After all, if a supplement can make you bigger, faster, stronger, more muscular, leaner, and healthier, who wouldn’t want one of those?
But before you rush out and buy one of these products, take a moment to consider some facts.
The first fact is that many of these products simply don’t work as advertised. The second is that they’re not healthy either. In fact, some of them could very well harm you in ways that you probably didn’t realize.
Let’s start with the bad news. These products aren’t actually good for your health. In fact, they may very well do more harm than good. That’s because most of them contain ingredients that have never been proven safe by the FDA. Some even contain dangerous chemicals like lead and mercury. Here are the top 10 reasons why bodybuilding supplements aren’t good for your health:
1) Many of them contain high doses of caffeine. This is because their manufacturers use caffeine to get consumers hooked on their products. Unfortunately, caffeine has serious side effects, including headaches, heart palpitations, nervousness, and insomnia. It also makes people hyperactive, which can cause accidents. So when you buy a product that claims to give you energy, you might end up getting a headache instead.
2) Most of them contain steroids. Steroids are dangerous drugs that have been banned from many sports and professional organizations. They can damage your liver, kidneys, and reproductive organs. There are several other side effects associated with steroid use, too, including mood swings, nausea, weight gain, and muscle loss. For this reason, bodybuilding supplements that contain steroids should be avoided.
3) Many of them contain artificial sweeteners. It’s no secret that sugar is bad for your health. Sugar can raise your blood pressure and increase your risk for diabetes. As such, any supplement that contains sugar should be avoided. One example of this is green tea extract, which is often used to help you lose weight. Green tea has been shown to reduce appetite, but it also raises blood sugar levels, which can lead to insulin resistance. Thus, using this type of supplement will only hurt your chances of losing weight.
4) Many of them contain vitamins. Vitamins are essential nutrients that our bodies need to function properly. However, many bodybuilders tend to take far too much vitamin C, which can be toxic. Vitamin D can also get you into trouble. It’s important to note that vitamin D supplementation isn’t recommended for anyone under age 30.
5) Many of them contain minerals. Minerals play an important role in maintaining your bones, teeth, muscles, and internal organs. But too much mineral intake can lead to problems like kidney stones and osteoporosis.
6) Many of them contain herbs. Herbs are plants that have been traditionally used since ancient times for medicinal purposes. However, they’ve not been extensively studied for safety. For this reason, herb-based products are often contaminated with potentially harmful substances.
7) Many of them contain amino acids. Amino acids are small molecules that are found in protein. They serve as building blocks and are necessary for normal growth and development. Overuse of certain amino acids can result in symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, and headaches.
8) Many of them contain carbohydrates. Carbs can cause bloating, gas, indigestion, and more.
9) Many of them contain stimulants. Stimulants are drugs that are designed to create feelings of increased alertness, concentration, and energy. They include amphetamines, cocaine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine (PPA). PPA is commonly found in diet pills.
10) Many of them contain antioxidants. Antioxidants fight free radicals that can cause cell damage. Free radicals are highly reactive compounds that are produced naturally within the body. Too many free radicals can cause diseases like cancer and heart disease.
With so much choice out there, how do you know which ones to avoid? Fortunately, the answer is simple. You don’t!
You need to do your own research. Don’t rely on marketing hype. Check the ingredient list carefully. Look for natural plant extracts rather than synthetic compounds. Do your homework. Take the time to read labels. Read reviews. Ask questions. And keep an open mind.
If you do your due diligence, you’ll find that many bodybuilding supplements that claim to be “the best” really aren’t. In fact, many of them are downright dangerous.
And that’s why we love natural supplements. Natural supplements come with none of the risks that artificial supplements carry. Plus, their efficacy is unmatched. After all, nature created them to heal us. So when you choose a natural supplement, you’re choosing something that was made exactly for you.
If the person plan to add the supplement in their diet for the better muscle growth then it is a good decision and will give good results. The person can go for the option with the aminoacidi bcaa. In the long run its consumption in the right quantity will prove to be the best option. The main motive of the people will be in getting quality of products.
So don’t trust your health to a bunch of chemicals. Trust it to nature. Nature knows what it’s doing. She built you perfectly to perform better. And she knows all about your personal needs. She knows what works best for you. And she won’t let you down.